Fall brings the idea of warm comfort foods. From our Thirve Cookbook comes this favorite. Combined with a tasty chili dish, this is an excellent dish for campers and hunters.
This southern basic will become a family favorite! The warm and rich texture will always make you feel at home.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
½ cup butter, melted
1 c. THRIVE White Sugar
2 THRIVE whole eggs, rehydrate
(2 tablespoons powder + 4 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons THRIVE powdered milk + 1 cup water + 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice "OR" 1 c. buttermilk
½ teaspoon THRIVE baking soda
1 c. THRIVE cornmeal
1c THRIVE white flour
½ teaspoon THRIVE iodized salt
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar. Add prepared eggs and prepared buttermilk and continue to whisk.
3) Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, mixing thoroughly; add to the wet ingredients. Stir until combined, but do not over mix.
4) Pour batter into a greased muffin pan or 8x8 inch-baking dish.
5) Bake for 20-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
HINT: if using the dry all dry ingredients, this recipe can be prepackaged and made at the campsite, by just adding water!
Serve hot with rehydrated Thrive butter and sprinkle with Thrive honey crystals.